It is a bitter truth that our lives revolve around earning money. We cannot discriminate between needs and wants.
Luxuries have now become a necessity because we want to compete in the race of attaining a high social status. I am a keen believer of the fact that there is always a way to materialize your dreams provided you act a bit smart.
Well the simplest way out is by saving money. When you would spend smartly you would always be able to fulfill your dreams.
Now most of us want to go out of the country for our holidays. Well that is an expensive deal so I am just going to suggest some smart ways through which you can save up money.
- The most important tip is to keep track of your expenses. When you will track your expenses you would never run out of money. Maintain a checklist. See how much money you spend throughout the month and how much money you are left with. Try spending on your essentials only. It may seem difficult, but you have to cut down on your expenses if you want to go out of the country for your holidays.
- Identify your needs. For example, do you really a forty-two inch flat screen TV? Now this does not fall in the category of a need so you can delay it.
- Try to pay your bills through cash. Most of you make a common mistake and that is you try to settle your bills through a credit card. This means a lot of payments in the future so you have to take care of this aspect.
- You should make it a point to have a separate saving account. You can directly deposit amount into your saving account. You can even opt for automatic transfer system for transferring amount into your saving account.
- Try figuring out best insurance policies at the best prices.
- Buy gifts smartly. You may be enticed to opt for the most expensive gift items, but you might regret it later when you run out of money.
- Online bill payments are the most effective way to save money on stamps and secondly you would be making your payments on time.
- You can conserve energy and cut down on your energy bills. Turn off lights and appliances when they are not needed. You would recognize this later that this would have a considerable impact on your expenses.
- Eating out and home delivery food does sound fun. However, this can disturb your budget. You can save this money and utilize it later when you go on a trip to another country.
- Last, but not the least you do not have to go in for designer labels. Most of the time reasonably priced items are quite good. You need to get all these thought out of your mind. When you have a contended and satisfied life even the simplest of wardrobe looks good. The real happiness lies inside you and not in your clothes.
I am preaching these tips after practicing them. This is the reason that my sons have understood the value of money.
Our family has been able to go on international holidays because we have stuck to these tips and we do not have regrets. I have spent quality time with my family and that matters to me the most in this world.
I strongly believe that money should not be ruling the life of any individual and I have benefited through this school of thought.